Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jazz in the Canyon

This past weekend Ben & I went to Twin Falls to enjoy Jazz in the Canyon.  We stopped at the visitors center after arriving and got to see 5 base jumpers take the leap off of the Perrine Bridge.  Ben counted the time it took from their jump to landing.  It ranged from 12 to 18 seconds.

After seeing the base jumpers we went to see Shoshone Falls since neither of us has been there.  It was a great place to stop and see the waterfalls as it was pretty impressive.  

After that we drove around the countryside looking for Ben's uncles house.  Unfortunately Google maps gave us directions that were way off and nobody was reachable to get directions.  We eventually got directions and ended up at their house without any other mishaps.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend.  The first couple are of the base jumpers.


Shoshone Falls
A self portrait of Ben & I at Shoshone Falls
Centennial Park at sunset
Our purpose for the visit was to go to Jazz in the Canyon and hear my friend's group - The Jeni Fleming Group.  They did not let us down with a great performance at a beautiful venue.  As always it was great seeing Jeni & Jake (her husband) and hanging out with them for a bit after the concert.  Check out Jeni's website and listen to some great music at www.jenifleming.com

Jeni and I were roommates when we were attending Montana State in Bozeman.  Funny story on how we met - I was calling people from "roommate wanted ads" and Jeni walks up to me and asks if I am looking for a roommate.  I say "yes" and she gives me her number.  I call her the next day and go over to check out the place.  Later that night she calls me with the details and says that she wants me to be her roommate - she has a good feeling about this.  Next thing you know I am moving in.  I ended up living with Jeni for a year and then moving into another apartment with her sister, Heidi for another year until I graduated.  We have been great friends since!

The group playing at Centennial Park as the sun is setting.
Jeni
Jake - Jeni's Husband - jamming on the sax.

No comments: