Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Elijah - otherwise know as Eli

The other day I went out to ride and much to my surprise Eli had arrived.  I knew he was coming at some point, but it was totally out of my mind when I left my house.  I usually try and bring my camera when I go out there but not that day so I had to wait until yesterday to get a few pictures of Eli.  He didn't let me down with photo opportunities with a bit of running around and antics of trying to kick mom.  Of course he is cute as a button!

Eli is a thoroughbred colt born Monday June 2nd.  He has a feisty personality that says "he is all boy".  One thing about him is that he is super friendly.  He seems to have figured out that people make great back scratchers and chew toys already (much to everyones dismay).  Mom has some work cut out for her with this one!  By the way he is not mine but my friends - Shelley & Shawna's colt.

Here are a few photos of him at a week old running, bucking, being curious and just hanging out with mom.  There will be many more photos to follow in the coming weeks/months.








No comments: