Tuesday, October 21, 2008

California Workshop Trip

Last week I went to Northern California to attend a workshop - Listening Withing - using horses to reconnect to ourselves, intertwining horse activities with practicing tools to enhance self expression.  If it sounds pretty deep it was!  I had a great time experiencing this new way of thinking and looking at the relationships between horses & humans.  I walked away with a "lighter" or more zen like feeling (even my husband noticed this when he picked me up from the airport).  

If you have read the books " The Tao of Equus and Riding Between the Worlds by Linda Kohanov" you will understand a bit more about the workshops.  If you haven't read either book, check out Riding Between the Worlds it is a lot easier of a read put in more basic terms than The Tao of Equus.  I am seriously considering becoming a facilitator to put on these types of workshops by next Fall.  Stay tuned for further updates on my decision.

Here are a few pictures from the workshop:




A few pictures from around the farm.


No comments: