Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Illinois

This past week Ben & I went to Manhattan, Illinois to visit my family.  We had a great time relaxing and enjoying all the green around us.  The weather was perfect - mid 80's with a couple of days of scattered rainshowers.  We didn't do much besides hang out at my parent's house & visit family.  We did manage to go to Chicago for a day and visit Lincoln Park Zoo and Navy Pier.  

Here are some of the pics from the exciting part of our trip.  

Ben cutting grass on the riding lawnmower- my parents have 3 acres of grass to cut on a weekly basis.  
Ben & I at the Lincoln Park Zoo in front of the Virtual Safari ride.
My sister Kristy & I getting ready for the safari.  We both had headaches after riding it!
Meerkat
Ben scared of the polar bear!  (Not really but he probably won't be happy when he sees this up here.)  
A view from pattle-boating on a little pond in the city.
My sisters- Stephanie, Kristy & me.
Navy Pier - the ferris wheel
View from the top of the ferris wheel.

No comments: